Virtual Administrative Assistant
A person with a passion for reading is required for reviewing books. Be recognized for your writing abilities and build your reputation and portfolio. Gain a following of fans who appreciate your reviews as you build an audience.
Reviews are done using Visual Adjectives innovative Critique and Review Format. Nearly all genres for books of all lengths, in digital, hardcover and paperback format are reviewed. We require a minimum of two well written and insightful reviews per month to be written using our Critique and Review Format. The books will be provided, which you may keep after your review has been posted, unless stated otherwise.
- Be willing to promote your reviews.
- Have excellent writing skills, outstanding grammar and an absolute passion for reading and writing.
- Be able to identify the strengths and weakness of a book.
- Be able to look at a book objectively.
- Meet expected deadlines.
- Be detailed oriented.
- Have an Amazon.com account.
REVIEW BOOKS IN THE FOLLOWING CATEGORIES
Action, Adventure, Children, Comics, Detective, Fantasy, Futuristic, Graphic Novels, Horror, Manga, Military, Mystery, Paranormal, Poetry, Real Life Super Hero, Romance, Science Fiction, Superhero, Steampunk, Suspense, Thriller, and Young Adult.
- Getting free books
- Building your personal library
- Visual Adjectives Beta-Reader program
- Helping readers make informed decisions
- Advanced review copies
- Helping publish authors
- Honing your skills
- Networking with authors
- Developing your online presence
- Being identified as an expert
- Discovering new authors
- Feeding your book addiction
Send an example review to firstname.lastname@example.org or submit a link to a review you have previously posted.
Details and deadlines are of the essence.
Possess an in-depth knowledge of Microsoft Word and its track changes feature.
Facebook, Twitter, Blog, Forum, Pinterest, YouTube
- Monitor and manage Visual Adjectives’ social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, our Forum, our Blog, and Website.
- Create unique and original content needed to write articles, create weekly blog post, and supplementary content for our online social media brands.
- Monitor and manage SEO, Google analytics and link building for the Visual Adjectives brand.Creating and maintaining a social media calendar.
- Compose and regularly update our social media brand.
- Research for the optimum times, days, etc. where content and business promotion will get the most engagement.
- Targeted ads.
- Optimize Facebook Page by adding Email Sign Up tab, Welcome Tab, New Release Tab, etc. Update cover photo. Keeping photo albums of artwork current.
- Engage with our audience and followers on Social Media. Start and maintain conversations and interactivity.
- Setup and organize offers and contests.
- Monitor Facebook and Twitter metrics to see what’s working and what’s not.
- Create a spotlight that can also be featured on the Website.
- Discuss, Promote, and Measure.
- Keep the voice of the accounts consistent.
- Gain Website traffic.
- Utilize marketing strategies to improve online branding.
- Maintenance of sites.
- Update events that will be listed on the Website.
- One interview per month.
VIRTUAL ADMINISTRATIVE ASSISTANT
Hours: 10 hours per week
Visual Adjectives is seeking a reliable and enthusiastic individual to fill a Virtual Administrative Assistant position. This is a great opportunity to work effectively in a virtual environment to excel and develop into the Operations Manager.
A wide skillset that incorporates data entry, phone and email etiquette, using internet search engines, bookkeeping, MS Office, graphic design, and writing skills are desired. You need to be capable of performing assignments with minimal supervision, along with the ability to utilize web-based applications to maintain and access information.
- WordPress website management such as updating text, uploading images, creating a dynamic look and feel, publishing articles, responding to enquiries and maintain calendar of events.
- Must be able to attend our weekly meetings, either in person or by Skype.
- Be available to communicate by phone, email, in person or on Skype.
- Maintain content in relevant web-based applications that represent Visual Adjectives or its clients.
- Create printed materials as needed such as flyers, brochure, newsletters, banners, postcards, press release, author’s information, company information, and unique content.
- Represent Visual Adjectives at events.
- Instructions, materials, calendars and resources will be provided.
- Although not performed on a daily basis, tasks will vary.
- Desire to learn the ins and outs of the publishing industry: Terms, ISBN, Barcode, Copyright, Distribution, Library of Congress, etc.
- Be willing to research new skills necessary to help the company grow and maintain outstanding quality in the industry.
- Be detailed oriented.
- Possess excellent organization and timeline adherence skills.
- Have excellent communication skills – written, verbal, and interpersonal.
- Have your own transportation.
- Possess a working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be able to prepare presentations using Microsoft Office tools.
- Have knowledge of the following software and/or be willing to learn or take training on how to utilize them: Microsoft: Word, Outlook, Excel, Publisher, PowerPoint, and Access. Adobe: Photoshop, InDesign.
- Be a fast learner, able to pick up new skills quickly and with a desire to learn.
- Autonomy and independence will be necessary in this environment that utilizes a virtual office.
- Demonstrate an ability to manage multiple tasks, workloads, and change priorities with appropriate judgment.
- Initiative, resourcefulness and problem-solving skills are necessary.
- You must be able to apply sound judgment and have the ability to apply company and team tools, processes and policies to day-to-day operations.
- Ability to collaborate with others within the company to coordinate assignments and share workload as needed.
- You need to be extremely organized and able to keep track of new and established clients.
- Ability to research, gather and organize data from multiple sources and summarize content.
- You must be able to handle confidential contracts and information.
- Have knowledge for the basic principles of creating and managing online social accounts.
- Be proficient in PC and technological terms.